I was approached a few weeks ago by the Equal Opportunity Commission to build a Joomla powered Intranet–at first I had apprehensions: Joomla is not the greatest of CMS software for this application, and all government departments are running MOSS2010, so It would be simple logic to go with SharePoint for the intranet too?
Adding to the complexity of this project it was also suggested that the Joomla run on a WAMP stack–but with the server being SBS2003 I decided to put it together thru IIS instead of go and install Apache on a system that didnt require it.
The system installed without a hitch–its not the first time I have put together a J! on IIS, but its the first time I did so for an intranet. Hopefully this makes business run a bit smother down there at EOC.
- So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
- [MAP] Digital Attack Map
- [REPORT] Freedom of the Internet
- MCC315 – Fieldwork 1 – Are RSS Feeds ‘Dead’ Technology?
- Facebook Page Insights
- Is Generic Theory a Valid Tool at Cataloguing Websites?
- Searching Tips
- [LINKS] Government Information Security Resources
- [VIDEO] Kids Need to Learn Programming